The League of Women Voters of Mississippi:
- supports reform to improve the legislative process, accountability, decision making, and responsiveness toward the needs of Mississippians.
To this end, the League of Women Voters of Mississippi:
- supports establishing a joint Legislative Management Committee.
- supports improving the research and drafting staff by hiring additional personnel with expertise in areas of major legislative concern.
- supports reducing the number of committees.
- supports establishing definite schedules for committee meetings.
- supports posting Conference committee meeting times and room number on the state website.
- supports systematic publishing of numbers and titles of bills to be considered.
- supports installing automatic voting equipment in the Senate chamber.
- supports moving up the deadline schedules on the calendar to avoid logjams at the end of the session.
- supports reporting all bills out of committee onto the floor, each with a do or do not pass recommendation.
- supports improving the decorum in both houses in order to facilitate better understanding of proceedings by observing public in the galleries and also by the Legislature.