The League believes that the public must take some responsibility for making sure that adequate shelter and social services are provided for dependent and/or disabled adults.
- Support for inspection of housing
- Support licensure of boarding homes to serve dependent and/or disabled adults.
- Support provision of low-cost loans to improve substandard boarding homes.
- Support community-based social services, with inclusion of some day care options.
- Support enactment of state legislation to make the abuse, neglect, and/or exploitation of disabled and vulnerable adults illegal, regardless of where they reside.