The League supports access to childcare including financial support, standards, and criteria for day care centers. In addition, the League:
- Supports educational preparation of childcare workers including an early childhood educational credential for the director and periodic in-service training for childcare staff.
- Supports staffing ratios at the national level.
- Supports licensure for day care centers including family care homes providing for five or more children not related to the caregiver.
- Favors state, county, and municipality support, as much as financially feasible: a) childcare in the school system and b) centers providing care for low income families and develop initiatives to subsidize child care and use all funds available.
- Support regulations for after school child care and utilization of school facilities for full day care and after school care.
- Supports in metropolitan areas a zoning ordinance requiring space, or a mechanism for funding a child care facility for any new commercial development.