The League of Women Voters of Mississippi supports Charter Schools if the following criteria are met:
- The State Board of Education should be the regulatory agency responsible for regulating and governing the submission of local school board petitions for charters and operation of charter schools.
- Charter schools should be non-sectarian, non-religious, non-profit, and non-home based.
- There should be consideration for charter schools to receive waivers from certain state and local regulations.
- Accountability reports should be required and submitted annually to parents, community, local school boards, State School Board and the legislature.
- State law should clarify funding sources.